The application for the proposed housing development at the Cricketer Farm site has changed. The deadline for comments is 26 November. The changes will be discussed at the Parish Council meeting on 11 November.
Key changes detailed are:
- Retention and conversion of the existing granary building into 3 houses
- Enhanced setting around the paddock area
- Alterations to layout/appearance in response to feedback
- Overall reduction by one house to 109 houses/flats
- Changes to layout of particularly in the area around the granary
- Identification and opening up of historic culvert to provide a landscape/heritage feature within the Public Open Space;
- Revised landscape plan to reflect above, improve setting to nearby gazebo, reframe entrance area to A39
- Full details available on the Sedgemoor Planning website here: https://www.sedgemoor.gov.uk/Planning_Online/?action=GetDetails&app=36/19/00016
There are two applications. The first, for the highway works and traffic lights at the junction, is available on the Sedgemoor District Council (SDC) website under ref 36/19/00015. Click here to go the application page and then click the Planning Documents tab to download documents.
The Parish Council agreed their formal response to support this first application for the junction works at the (public) Parish Council meeting on 8 July. The deadline for comments for this application is 27 July. If you wish to make comments you can send them:
- direct to SDC following the “Planning Comments” link via the webpage
- by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (max 10Mb)
- by letter sent to Planning, Sedgemoor District Council, Bridgwater House, King Square, Bridgwater, Somerset TA6 3AR
The application for the housing development is also now open for consultation under ref 36/19/00016. Click here to go the application page and all the documents can be found on the Planning Documents tab.
There will be a Parish Council meeting to consider the PC’s formal response to the housing development application on Monday 29 July at 7pm at the Village Hall. The meeting is open to the public and there will be an opportunity for residents to give their views: please see the guide for speaking at Parish Council meetings here.
The deadline for comments on the second application is 7 August. It is helpful if you copy your comments to the Parish Council at email@example.com so that Councillors are aware of your views before they decide on the Parish Council’s formal response. Comments must be received by noon on Friday 26 July to be certain Councillors have time to see them.
Please bear in mind that although the Parish Council’s response is given some weight by Sedgemoor, it is only one voice so it is worth sending your views to Sedgemoor as well. Only valid planning grounds can be taken into consideration and the final decision rests with Sedgemoor as the designated Planning Authority.
The Pre-application consultation is now closed
Proposals for the Cricketer Farm Site are still available here:
Since the announcement of the consultation, a number of questions have been raised. Click here for the Parish Council’s comments on those most often raised.