The Meeting will be held, as usual in the Club Room, starting at 7pm
Links to Planning application (opens application details in the Sedgemoor Planning website):
Coleridge Cottage, Nether Stowey: Various roof and other external works
Annual Return for the year ended 31 March 2019
Sections 20(2) and 25 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
1. The audit of accounts for Nether Stowey Parish Council for the year ended 31 March 2019 has been completed and the accounts have been published.
2. The Annual Governance & Accountability Return is available for inspection by any local government elector of the area of Nether Stowey Parish Council on application to:
• Mrs Caro Slaymaker, Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer, at
• the Parish Office, 2a Castle Street, Nether Stowey TA5 1LN
• from 10am to 1pm on Monday–Fridays
3. Copies will be provided to any local government elector on payment of £1.00 for each copy of the Annual Governance & Accountability Return
Announcement made by:
Caro Slaymaker (Clerk)
Date of announcement: 22 September 2019
The Annual Governance & Accountability Return Sections 1, 2 and 3 are available for inspection at the Parish Office or from the link below:
We regret to announce that Chris Pearson has resigned as a Parish Councillor. The Parish Council thank him for his service to the community.
Chris’s resignation means that a vacancy has now arisen. Please see the formal notice below for further information. If no election is requested by 2 October the Returning Officer will give authority for the Parish Council to co-opt a new member.
If you are interested in becoming a Parish Councillor, please contact the Parish Office or email to: email@example.com for further information.
The Good Councillors Guide
NSPC – Code of Conduct
Nether Stowey’s future
The Nether Stowey Neighbourhood Plan is now nearing completion.
A consultation was held in April 2018 at the Thomas Poole Library and the input and comments you gave us have been collated into the Neighbourhood Plan and this is now ready for your final review before being submitted for independent examination and formal adoption. This will mean that the Plan has to be taken into consideration by any development in the Parish and that we will receive 25% (instead of 15%) of any applicable Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL).
During the consultation period we are asking for your feedback on the draft Plan so please take this opportunity to comment, either to say what you like about the Plan or what you think needs changing on the comment sheet which is also available. Your feedback will be taken on board before finalising the Plan for examination by an independent examiner.
The Plan is now available and you can get a copy by:
* Downloading from the Parish Council web site Neighbourhood Plan page click the link here
* Sending an e-mail to NSPlan@netherstowey-pc.gov.uk and we will
e-mail or hand deliver a copy
* Collecting a printed copy from the Parish Office.
The comment sheet is available by the same methods listed above
We are keen to get your remarks and views and the comment sheet can be returned to us by e-mail to NSPlan@netherstowey-pc.gov.uk or by handing it in at the Parish Office by 31 October.
In addition, there will be a display of the Plan in the Parish Office from Tuesday 17th to Friday 27th September between 10am and 1pm.
During the consultation period, we are also holding some ‘meet the team’ events to give you the opportunity to chat with members of the Neighbourhood Plan team. These events will be on:
– Friday 20th September 10.15am – 12.30pm
– Friday 20th September 3pm – 6.30pm
– Saturday 21st September 10am – 12.00pm
Don’t forget to reply to your annual canvass form to ensure that all eligible people in your household can vote.
The meeting will be held on Monday 19 August at 7pm at Nether Stowey Village Hall (in the Main room).
Links to Planning applications (opens application details in the Sedgemoor Planning website):
Land to the NE of Butchers Lane, Nether Stowey: Erection of a dwelling and provision of car parking and turning area
92 Castle Hill, Nether Stowey: Conversion of detached garage to form ancillary accommodation and provision of additional parking space.