Don’t forget to reply to your annual canvass form to ensure that all eligible people in your household can vote.
The meeting will be held on Monday 19 August at 7pm at Nether Stowey Village Hall (in the Main room).
Links to Planning applications (opens application details in the Sedgemoor Planning website):
Land to the NE of Butchers Lane, Nether Stowey: Erection of a dwelling and provision of car parking and turning area
92 Castle Hill, Nether Stowey: Conversion of detached garage to form ancillary accommodation and provision of additional parking space.
The applications are now open for consultation – please click the reference number below to go to the planning application on Sedgemoor’s Planning website:
- 36/19/00015 – Alterations to and provision of a new signalised (traffic lights) junction onto the A39 (Nether Stowey)
- 36/19/00016 – Erection of 110 dwellings with access onto the A39, landscaping, parking, public open space and associated works
For more information, please see also the Cricketer Farm Development page on this website
Planning applications (opens application details in Sedgemoor Planning or Somerset CC website page)
· 36/19/000014 – Inwood Farm, Nether Stowey – Continued temporary change of use of caravan park for Hinkley Point C workers for a further 3 years. Site 30 No. static caravans in place of existing touring caravans
· 36/19/000015 – Land to SW of Cricketer Farm, Nether Stowey – Alterations to and provision of a new signalised (traffic lights) junction onto the A39 (Nether Stowey).
· SCC /3627/2019 – Hinkley Point A Station – Variation of condition 3 (waste storage) of planning permission 3/32/16/018 to allow the importation of size-reduced Intermediate Level Waste (ILW) skips from Magnox’s Oldbury, Sizewell ‘A’ and Dungeness ‘A’ sites for interim storage at the on-site Interim Storage Facility
· SCC /3628/2019 – Hinkley Point A Station – Variation of condition 3 (waste storage) of planning permission 3/32/16/018 to allow the importation of size-reduced Intermediate Level Waste (ILW) skips from Magnox’s Oldbury, Sizewell ‘A’ and Dungeness ‘A’ sites for encapsulation at the on-site Waste Encapsulation Plant
The Local Audit & Accountability Act 2014 and the Accounts & Audit Regulations 2015 set out the responsibilities of all local councils in respect of their accounting and auditing procedures.
Each year, the Council’s financial accounts and statements are examined by an independent ‘internal’ auditor appointed by the Council.
The Council is also required to complete an ‘Annual Return’ which includes the findings of the Internal Auditor, together with Governance Statements and Financial Statements. This Annual Return is then submitted to another independent ‘external’ auditor for examination.
As part of this process, the Council must publish the unaudited Annual Return and must make arrangements for a period in which interested persons can inspect the Council’s accounts and related documents. If you are a registered local government elector (i.e. you appear on the electoral register for the area covered by the Council) you can also ask questions about the accounts and object to them
The Parish Council’s Annual Return was approved by the Parish Council at the meeting on 10 June. The period for the exercise of electors’ rights to inspect the accounts begins on Monday 17 June and ends on Friday 26 July during office hours or by prior appointment. Further information is available here:
Item 8 Planning application (opens application details in Sedgemoor Planning website page)
· 36/19/000012 – Inwood Farm, Cannington Road, Nether Stowey
Change of use of land to a play area with artificial grass and the erection of a 1.2m high perimeter fence