Collections after the Spring Bank Holiday on Monday 25 May will all be one day later on Saturday 30 May for recycling and general rubbish. The next garden waste collection is Friday 5 June.
There will also be no bulky waste collections or waste container deliveries on Bank Holiday Monday.
On Bank Holiday Monday, 10 recycling sites will be open 9am-6pm: Bridgwater, Chard, Frome, Highbridge, Street, Taunton, Wellington, Wells, Williton, Yeovil.
Restrictions on access and materials, including odd and even number-plated vehicles on different days, remain in place, visit https://www.somersetwaste.gov.uk/reopen/ for details.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, Somerset waste Partnership is highlighting vital waste safety advice for residents to keep themselves and staff safe:
- Take care when handling waste, including washing hands before and after putting out recycling and rubbish for collection.
- Disinfect waste container handles.
- Put no tissues, cleaning cloths, gloves or masks in recycling.
- If they have coronavirus symptoms or are in a household with someone showing symptoms, they should double bag tissues, gloves and disposable cleaning cloths, keep these bags separate from other waste for at least 72 hours in their home, and then add the bags to their rubbish.
And residents are urged to help crews work faster and more efficiently to complete their rounds with simple steps:
- Sort and segregate materials without using carrier bags in recycling boxes.
- Rinse containers and, if safe, flatten or squash everything except glass and aerosols.
- Get boxes and bins out by 7am on collection day and leave them out late so crews can reach as many homes as possible.
- Park carefully so waste trucks – and fire engines and ambulances – can get through.
For more information on kerbside services, recycling sites, and on COVID19 and waste, visit: www.somersetwaste.gov.uk
Garden Waste collections to resume. Recycling Centre to reopen
DON’T FORGET – Collection day in Nether Stowey will be Saturday 9 May as Friday is a public holiday.
Garden Waste collections restart from 11 May. Collection day may change, but the website page is down at the moment. Update will follow when it’s working…
Bridgwater Recycling Centre will re-open on Monday also, but there are service limits and a complicated system so please read the instructions from SWP at the link below before you set off.